Posted Apr 20
John L Scott is the 16th largest Real Estate Company in the United States. We have spent over 80 years focusing on building relationships with our clients to meet their needs, whether they are buying, selling or investing in Real Estate. We accomplish this by innovative marketing tools and strategies and providing continuing education and training to our Real Estate Brokers to hone their expertise.
John L Scott has a rare opportunity for a highly talented, forward thinking and experienced Vice President of Marketing. This role will focus on individual broker success, a powerful market presence and selective recruiting utilizing the JLS project management system. The VP of Marketing will work from our Bellevue Washington Headquarters and direct our Marketing Team & Luxury Home Divisions, as well as oversee our Public Relations and Internal Communications. This position extensively collaborates with our executive leaders, including the VP of Residential Operations, VP of Strategic Initiatives, VP of Ultimate Client Relations, our COO and CEO.
Our ideal candidate will be a visionary, one that can continue to develop leading edge marketing concepts but must have the experience in executing initiatives throughout the organization. In addition, our VP of Marketing, along with the Executive team and all employees of John L Scott embrace our core value, “Living Life as a Contribution”™.
Areas of Oversight:
• The Marketing Team – Manage the marketing department and lead their efforts in marketing for all divisions including: Residential Operation, Luxury Homes, Affiliates and lending institution, Priority Home Lending.
• Luxury Marketing Division – Develop and lead initiatives and programs that will increase John L. Scott’s luxury brand, “Exceptional Homes” by John L. Scott
• Public Relations - Supervise and provide strategy for local and national PR and press releases about real estate trends, market conditions, JLS initiatives, launches and internal communications.
VP of Marketing Collaborates with and Supports Departments:
• Strategic Growth for the enterprise and office level including collateral, copy, content, CRM, etc.
• Residential Operations, Professional Achievement, Broker Excellence and JLSREA to develop best practices and adoption levels of marketing programs throughout the organization.
• Priority Home Lending in relation to achieving higher adoption levels through joint marketing efforts as allowed by governing rules and regulations.
• Ultimate Client Relationship in relation to lead and conversion systems as related to business development.
• Relocation, LeadingRE, and eBusiness with particular emphasis on the promotion of John L. Scott’s membership and affiliation with Leading Real Estate Companies of the World.
Direct Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Marketing Initiatives and Programs - Develops, implements, and maintains marketing programs based on current market conditions to assist our brokers in optimizing the opportunities provided by today’s market.
• Analysis – Identifies marketing strategies from competitors, vendors, and real estate portals for opportunities and threats. Also determines company-wide marketing programs that are working, not working, making and not making progress through surveys, interviews, and data analysis.
• Project Management – Collaborates, communicates, and executes a strategic and disciplined process of initiatives, projects, and tasks with all stakeholders.
• Brand Protection and Brand Awareness – Supervises, leads, and enforces all John L. Scott Brand related programs and materials including print, advertising, templates, digital assets and signage.
• Research and Development - Facilitates marketing focus and networking groups consisting of brokers with common interests such as; Property types, Specialty Business Development, Top Producers, Technology, Generational Strategies and Today’s Market Strategies.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
• 8-10 years in a leadership marketing role, level of Director or above.
• Broad real estate executive experience and applied knowledge of systems, practices, traditions and economic factors involved in the operation of a real estate business.
• Must have good judgement, be decisive, self-motivated and operate with little direction.
• Practiced in communication skills and must be able to adapt to different styles of communicate and recognize when to use sensitivity and confidentiality.
• Expertise in management and leadership skills are a necessity, along with a proven track record of leading a team with proven results
• Strong presentation skills - Expected to clearly communicate to large groups and be dazzling!
Benefits and Compensation:
• Compensation is based on experience
• Medical, Dental, LTD, Life, FSA, 401K and other voluntary insurance options
• PTO - Life/Work balance is key in Living Life as a Contribution